Working under Covid19 precautions.
COVID19 Update - This page has been updated on 9th March 2021.
Kent & Diamond Flatpack will continue to provide our furniture assembly services during lockdown and our safe working policy has been updated.
In accordance with Government guidance, we have put together this safe system for working that allows us and you, to be at much less risk from having tradespeople in your home.
There are rules for our technicians AND customers to adhere to. They should follow the government’s safer working guidance and ensure they operate safely with strict social distancing measures in place.
• We will contact you the day before the booking to check that no member of the household is showing symptoms of coronavirus or self-isolating. If they are, we will move the booking to another date.
• No work should be completed by a person who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild.
• Our technicians will sanitise their hands on entering the property or use an appropriate hand gel. They will be issued with antibacterial disposable wipes, which we will dispose of safely after use.
• Technicians should minimise contact with customers and anybody within the household and remain two metres apart from householders at all times.
• We aim to have just one technician attend or operate a buddy system to ensure that the same people work together where this is needed.
• Our technicians have been restricted to one indoor and one outdoor booking per day. This is to prevent any cross-contamination between bookings.
• Our technicians will bring their own refreshments, but households should ensure they have access to hand washing facilities, using separate towels or paper towels if possible, which should be washed or disposed of safely afterwards.
• The work area should be limited to as few workers as possible and all should be practicing safe social distancing measures at all times (two-metre distance between each other).
• The technicians coming to the site will not be using public transport and will only arrive by car or van.
• Anyone showing even mild COVID-19 symptoms should not be on site and in line with government guidelines should remain at home for 14 days.
• Face masks. We are happy to wear face masks while entering and leaving your home. While we do the work, we may need to remove the gloves/masks for practical purposes. Should the windows be left open and the door slightly closed while we work, this will help clear any air from the room. Should it be necessary for the customer and the technician to be in the same room to discuss the work, both parties must wear their masks.
What can customers do to help?
• Keep in contact: Regular contact with your technician in advance of any booking is important. Talk through details of the work being carried out and agree how risks can be reduced.
• Be honest: If you have symptoms of the virus, or if you have been advised to shield yourself, then only emergency or essential works should go ahead in your home. Ensure you take additional safety measures by avoiding face-to-face contact or by staying in another room.
• Our technicians will periodically wipe common surfaces areas such as door handles, doors and any other surfaces using antibacterial wipes. We ask that the door to the room is closed or closed as much as possible and that a window is open before the booking.
• It’s very common for customers to watch us working or for children and animals to wander into the room out of curiosity to see what we’re doing. These cannot happen. Our staff will be polite but please ensure our technicians are left alone for the duration of the booking.
• As well as it being in the booking conditions, the furniture to be assembled, must be left in the room where it is to be assembled.
• If cash is your preferred method of payment, this must be handed over in an envelope however, we are now accepting card and bank transfer payments. Please state in advance how you wish to pay.
• The Rule of six. Tradespeople have been made exempt from the figure of six for the purposes of completing works within a customer's home.
Kent FlatPack Ltd
Suit M10 - The Old Library, St Faith Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1LH
Tel: 01622 910 024
Kent Flatpack Ltd Registered in England #12107301